The last energy i have—
At first, I saw him just like anyone else simply a friend to share thoughts about the world with. Our introduction was ordinary, but his small gestures kept me longing for his presence, leaving me anticipating his texts every day. Over time, that hope turned into an obsession, gripping my heart so tightly that I couldn’t let go. I embraced every trait and habit of his with sincere, unconditional love.
Doubt turned into trust. The high walls I had built for so long slowly crumbled into an exhaustion I actually wanted to show him ”a vulnerability I finally felt ready to share. Even so, I held back, trying hard not to fall too deep.
Yet the more I resisted, the deeper I fell for the beauty of who he is.
Last year, my capacity to love was completely drained. I was exhausted tired of meeting new people, tired of the talking stage, and tired of constantly gauging whether someone was right for me. Simply put, I was done with the weariness called "love." I reached a point where I just wanted to focus entirely on myself, my work, and my career. But out of nowhere, he appeared. He quietly slipped into my life, walking beside me toward everything I was striving for.
He isn't a man of many words, nor does he use sweet talk to win a woman's heart. His presence is quiet, yet deeply meaningful. If people looked at our story, they might ask, "How did the two of you end up together?" Honestly, I ask myself the same question. This love story was never part of the script I wrote for this chapter of my life.
He took the first step, and I welcomed that beautiful energy. Last year felt like my final stand for love, and I gave that mere quarter-percent of remaining energy to the man who is now my partner. I am endlessly grateful to have found him, and I promise to cherish and love him until we grow old together.

Comments